Out of curiousity, I checked my website’s stats and totalled the number of hits on my Word Scramble game since it’s launch in 2008, which totalled over 2 million at 2,074,766 (for both the main and widget versions, which can be placed on Google’s personalized home page, and on Facebook).
Why don’t you try the game yourself?
I have added a new page for my uni projects, so you can see what I’m doing (reports, programs, etc.)
It is accessible from the navigation bar on the left.
Finally I had some time and inspiration to migrate the old website data to fit into the new template. I had already started on the modification of the basic template using the blog template since last year, but didn’t have time until now to implement it. I also edited the blog template to make it wider, so that it will look more or less like the main site.
http://www.samliew.com (new look!)
The new template now is more suited for those with a larger screen, and uses a much brighter colour scheme then the previous.
Now I have to fix broken stuff, remove pages that are useless, update the content, and complete the site for mobile and handheld displays. Preview: http://www.samliew.com/m/
Today I took a look at my website/blog stats, and wow, the visitors to my website prefers to use Firefox to IE. IE has been losing ‘support’ since two plus years ago, and it still is. This is because IE tends to crash/give more problems much more than Firefox, and Firefox is user-friendly, easier to customize and less prone to virus/spyware.
For me, these are the add-ons that I have installed on Firefox, and I recommend you try them out as it really increases productivity.
- Adblock Plus
- Ever been annoyed by all those ads and banners on the internet that often take longer to download than everything else on the page? Right-click on a banner and choose “Adblock” from the context menu – the banner won’t be downloaded again. (samliew: you save bandwidth too!) Maybe even replace parts of the banner address with star symbols to block similar banners as well. Or you select a filter subscription when Adblock Plus starts up the first time, then even this simple task will usually be unnecessary: the filter subscription will block most advertisements fully automatically.
- The AutoPager Firefox extension automatically loads the next page of a site inline when you reach the end of the current page for infinite scrolling of content. (samliew: Works with most popular sites, but you also can create rules for your favorite sites to automatically load the next few pages.)
- Better Gmail 2
- Better Gmail 2 is a compilation of Greasemonkey user scripts that add features to Gmail. Add useful extra features to Gmail, like hierarchical labels, macros, file-type attachment icons, row highlights, and more.
- British English Dictionary
- Automatically spell checks whatever you type like a word processor.
- Download Statusbar
- View and manage downloads from a tidy statusbar – without the download window getting in the way of your web browsing. (samliew: highly recommended! install this and disable the default Firefox download window.)
- Download all the links, movies and audio clips of a page at the maximum speed with a single click, using the most popular, lightweight and reliable external download managers. (samliew: works well with the above plug-in. I use this to download YouTube videos and embedded MP3 from websites)
- If you installed the above plug-in, now you can get scripts for whatever page you visit on the fly. When you visit a web page that has compatible user scripts on userscripts.org, this extension will highlight the Greasemonkey icon in the status bar.
- PDF Download
- This plug-in allows you to choose what you want to do with PDF files when you click on a link to it, either viewing as PDF, downloading it, or letting the company convert it to HTML for you (free!).
For my faithful blog readers, I have done something special for all of you. Now you can see me via my webcam anytime at http://www.samliew.com/webcam/! The username is guest and password is guest. I’ll try this out for a period of time and see how things work out. If it takes up too much of my bandwidth I may slow the refresh rate or restrict to a smaller group of people.
See you there!
I have been working on a new template for my website. It looks similar to my blog template.
You may view the preview here:
I have also been working on a scaled down version for mobile devices:
I just need to port the content over, maybe in two weeks time.
Isn’t this blog template nice? I spent about 2 hours tweaking it!